Thursday, July 12, 2007

Nature, yum!



Since the weather was so nice yesterday, we all went letterboxing with Nitrocat and her kittens. We had a great time! We went to two different preserves and found five boxes. There was a gigantic hill that the kittens had trouble climbing, but their mom helped them and they were very brave. I'm glad I can fly!

In one of the parks, we kept seeing these small, shiny blue dragonflies. Nitrocat said they were Ebony Jewelwings. They were very tasty! I think it bothered Frankie a little bit that I was eating them. We also saw a butterfly called a Limenitis Arthemis, or Red Spotted Purple. Nitrocat wouldn't let me eat that one because she said that many people consider it the most beautiful butterfly in North America. She said I could eat all the mosquitoes that I wanted though!
We also saw a strange mushroom. We didn't touch it, but took a picture instead.
We are going to stay home today and catch up on housework so that we can go out boxing again tomorrow. It might rain today anyway. Pinky Poo should arrive today. At least that is what Nitrocat thinks the package that the PO called about is.
I'll write more after our trip tomorrow!

No comments: